CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Grotto

We got off our butts last night and did something. Can you believe it!!! Rich was home and we had nothing to do, so instead of watching TV we drove up Payson Canyon and hiked to the Grotto.

Rich had been up there a while back with the Young Men and told me it was an easy hike. Well, yeah maybe it was an easy hike, but safe....i think not!!! Hello, i'm sure many of you have been up there before, but i don't think crossing the stream on those logs over and over again is safe. Especially when you have small children with you. Maybe that's just me!!! Oh well, we survived and the best part was when Willow had to go potty so i made her squat and pee, and she peed all over her pants...AWESOME!!!!

The girls by the waterfall

Elwyn pulling one of her MANY faces

My little Willow...who by the way will be 6 in two weeks:(

Richy poo and his girls

Fat mom and her girls

4 comments:

Karlee said...

Where is the fat mom? I must have missed her! I just can't see her at all. Glad you made it to the Grotto! I haven't been there for years. Looks like lots of fun. I hate when I pee on my pants... yes, I have done that before. One of the many reasons why boys have it better!!! :)

Tanya said...

I'm so glad you went! I know...we were told it was such an easy hike...and then the person couldn't believe all teh water!!! My kids wanted to cross all by their big-kid selves and he wsa even going to "help" her over that huge maze of logs. Oy...

On a drier year it will be better. LOL

That cracks me up about Willow. My girl had to do that this summer, but she's ...like two inches shorter? So I just held her up and hoped it went right!!! LOL!!!!!!!

*Amy* said...

I haven't even attempted any kind of hike with my kids....you are braver than me :) And ya...I do have to disagree with the fat mom thing. If you are fat....I can't even imagine what I am....LOL

Melissa said...

I did that hike with Henry and my baby in a Moby wrap. I had my sister-in-laws there to help with Henry, so that wasn't so bad. But I was worried at first how I would do with a baby strapped to my chest. Luckily we made it...and it was fun. :)