Is having surgery in the morning. She has at least 1 hernia at this point...we'll know more tomorrow after they go in and laproscopically search for more.
I am terrible at blogging, but since this is my 'attempt' at journaling (haha) i better write this down.
On New Years Day night (2012), as Elwyn got out of the bathtub i noticed a big ole lump down in her groin area. As a child, i had 2 hernias and was well aware that they were very genetic...even more so because Rich had 1 as well. Anywho, i have always kept a close eye on the girls...knowing that at least 1 of them would end up with a hernia. Elwyn is the lucky one i guess...not according to her though. Anway, I called the next day and made an appointment with a pediatric surgeon at Primary Children's Hospital...completly bypassing her pediatrician. (I knew exactly what she had, why pay him to tell me what i know!!!). We were lucky enough to get in that same week, and surgery was scheduled for a short 2 weeks later.
I am happy to get it taken care of so quickly, but also very nervous. Elwyn is quite upset about the whole thing...which doesn't help my nerves at all. Besides that I am knocked up and highly emotional:) Willow loves to tell Elwyn about them 'cutting' her open, which has really 'helped' the situation...
I know the surgery will go well, i dread her recovery though. When i had surgery I vomitted for HOURS after waking up. The hospital will not let us leave until she is done puking...so i'm afraid we might be there all day. Good thing my dad was so willing to take the day off of work to watch Willow, although she rather go to school...LOL:)
I hope this post even makes sense...I feel like it is all over the place. Oh well:)

1 comments:
awww.... Well, you're all in our prayers. Good luck and please call if you need anything.
Post a Comment