CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 8, 2010

Another round of Elwyn

Funny face

SERIOUSLY!!! This girl is going to kill me. I really hope the teenage years aren't as bad as these past years have been (NOTE: she is only 3).

So here's the latest:

Saturday night I put the girls to bed. They usually chat...and bother each other...until Rich or I have to go in there send one of them to timeout. Well MIRACULOUSLY Elwyn layed in bed 'as if' she were asleep. WOW!!! It was Willow that was in and out, and really making me mad. So after several 'in and outs', i tell Willow if she gets out again her life is basically over. I'M DONE!!! The next thing i know, Willow is back in my room with a bag a candy that she had received at a birthday part that day. She says to me that Elwyn has been laying in bed, eating her candy. What a little sneak i have!!! So this whole time i was thinking that Elwyn was sound asleep..being a good girl...FOR ONCE. Yeah not so much. She was being quiet because she was filling her face. I don't know what to do with this girl!!!

So yesterday...at church...(Did i mention that i am a Sunbeam teacher...i totally got screwed over, especially because Elwyn is in my class...WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!!! When i got called to the position 5 weeks ago, i told them i don't really like my own kids, so why would it be smart for me to teach Sunbeams. Besides, i go to church to get RID of my kids...not to babysit someone elses kids!!!). Anywho...Elwyn is very naughty at church...because i am her teacher. I team teach with someone who loves kids (WEIRD), so she has taken on Elwyn. Well yesterday Elwyn was on one. Laying on the ground with her dress over her head, walking around like she owns the place, not listening to anyone...the usual. During class, the other teacher asks Elwyn nicely to sit in her chair. Elwyns response: "I don't have to do as i'm told." I WAS SHOCKED!!! I actually LAUGHED out loud. In that moment it was as if she was not my child. She was someone elses naughty child (and we all know how funny it is when SOMEONE ELSES child says something naughty)!!!! I was completely blown away...and i did nothing to punish her. I know, i am an awful mother, but how can my 6 year old be so well behaved and my 3 year old be a total nightmare!!!

Anywho...I think from now on Rich will be sitting in class with us to help control Elwyn. Or maybe i will just get released:)

5 comments:

Danielle Strong said...

Liz you are hilarious! I love your posts. and also haha Andy and I just got released as sunbeam teachers. Now we are the 14 year old Sunday school teacher. which is worse?

Tanya said...

haha, NICE. all I can think of is GOOD LUCK!

The Van Horn's said...

Elwyn sounds just like Ashley! They had to come get me yesterday because they couldn't get Ashley out of the room when class was over. Gotta love those Sunbeams. Good luck.

Karlee said...

Oh man, candy in bed! That's awesome! They are just too smart for their own good! This will teach you to never trust her good behavior again... just start looking for the candy! I bet you're a GREAT Sunbeam teacher! How was girl's night??? Did you guys end up going?

Ben and Darci said...

What a little devil! I've never met a cuter little stinker than Elwynn. I still love your story about how she was willing to stick her fingers in a hot pan of brownies just so she could scoop some into her mouth. This girl is willing so suffer just to get some goodies :)