CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 7, 2009

Wowsers!!!

This might be a long one...watch out:)


So i had wanted to go to the Forgotten Carols last year...but ended up not going. So i made sure to buy my tickets early this year. I was excited to go, but hoping that it wasn't too 'churchy' because i'm not really into that type of thing. Anywho, it was butt cold outside and i had decided to buy myself an actual pair of shoes. Well...most of you know that i don't wear shoes, i either wear flip flops or flip flops with socks...so as you can imagine i couldn't walk fast enough in those dang shoes. Plus when i tried them on the size 6 felt a little snug...so i went with a 6 1/2...bad idea, the 6 1/2 is huge on me...i can hardly walk!!! Then we sit by the most annoying couple.

Dear couple that i had to sit next to at Forgotten Carols,

Please stop talking, you are bothering me. I don't care that you are on your third date and you guys think you love each other. I just want to sit here and wait for the show to start in silence. How often do i get SILENCE!!!! Can't you ignore one another...like my husband and i do. SERIOUSLY!!!! STOP TALKING....did i mention you are bothering me!!!!

Sincerely, ME

Whatever....Rich and i left during the last scene because i didn't want to get stuck in traffic. I wonder if i missed anything. I thought the show was great and funny, but not exactly what i expected. Oh well. When we got home Willow was awake on the couch crying. She ended up with an ear infection. I felt bad for her, and i felt bad for our babysitter:(

Saturday was my 24th birthday. Gosh i am getting old:) Willow had been up the night before with major ear pain, so i knew i would be taking her to the doctor. Now to find out if your doctor is available on Saturdays??? We decided to get up and go to our ward xmas breakfast. Willow was feeling better and she and Elwyn were great for me. Of course Rich was working, so it was all up to me. Anywho, i got Willow into the dr around lunch time and she has an ear infection (2nd one in a month), and an eye infection. LOVELY!!! Since i had to take Elwyn with me to the dr, i'm sure she will be coming down with scurvey or some other deadly disease this week. Anywho, my bday was busy, but wonderful. I love FB...and that so many people tell you Happy Birthday...it just made my day so much better. My sister and her fam drove down and spent the afternoon with us...which was also a wonderful suprise. Rich got me the new Dan Brown book, which i am excited to read, and he got me a $100 gc to a spa...YIPPY!!!!


Sunday i woke up feeling like garbage. I get migraines at least once a week...usually they are bearable, but sometimes i get them so bad that i can't even get out of bed. Let's just say that i am so glad that Rich was home. Oh and since he wasn't home that much on my birthday, Sunday was a continuation of my birthday. He didn't like that very much...but hello...make me feel special!!! He and the girls put together a gingerbread house for his work. All of the managers were asked to make a gingerbread house, then it will be auctioned off for charity.


The ending product. Obviously these pictures are not in the right order...but i get so frustrated with the way you have to upload your pics on your blog.


Rich working on the gingerbread house...by himself. He is a perfectionist and doesn't want help.
Look how sick Willow looks. Poor little thing.
And last but not least...my adventure this morning.
So when i got up this morning, i didn't feel all that great. I wasn't sure whether to send Willow to school or not. She said she was fine, but with the weather outside... i didn't want her getting sick again. Anywho...Willow took her SWEET time getting ready. I told her i wasn't taking her because of the snow, so if she wanted to go, she needed to get on the bus. When we opened the door to run outside, the bus was already there picking up the kids. I told her she just wasn't going to go, but she informed me that she would run, and make it. Well i let her go and she ran as fast as those little legs could take her. The bus pulled away and she missed it. There was a dad out there that finally flagged the bus down and she was able to get on. I felt like the worlds greatest mom at that point. Well i turn around to go inside and Elwyn had locked me out. There i was in my flip flops and pj's and 3 inches of snow...with more coming down. She couldn't unlock the door. I was yelling and screaming at her, and i just know my neighbors think i beat my children:) It was 15 mins before she finally let me back in. I dragged that little troublemaker up to her room and she spent a good 30 mins in her bed. SERIOUSLY!!!!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, Liz...what an exciting weekend! (ha ha!) I'm glad you were able to get back in your house...what a little stinker. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Stephanie said...

You turned 24? Guess that makes me 26...again :)

Ben and Darci said...

Too funny! Locked out in the snow in flip flops. Happy birthday too! I forget how much older I am than you. Hello!!! I am 29. That's getting old. Now it's all downhill for me :)

Tanya said...

Hahaha, oh my. You're a great story teller some days. :)
I will have to loan you our Forgotten Carols DVD. Its not supposed to be churchy (he advertises it is non-denominational) but sometimes he makes it that way. I almost retracted my comment on your FB post about it being lame...depends on his mood and the town.
This morning really did stink! Worse for you......
And poor Darci is over there thinking she's older than she is....

Jenny said...

You are so funny. If you left during the "last" scene of Forgotten Carols, then you probably did miss a lot...because he goes on and on and on. Even when it's over, he keeps singing. Then it's over again, and then he sings a country song. Then it's over again, and he makes the whole crowd sing with him. So you probably did miss a lot (time-wise), but you probably didn't miss much at all (content-wise). Make sense?!

The music really is so good from that show though.