So my final Grandpa died on Sunday. Poor guy. My Grandma Cannon died a little more than 4 years ago...and he has missed her terribly since that sad day. No one knows why he 'held' on for so long. He has been in a care center for over 3 years and we've been expecting him to go 'anytime'. Which finally happened Sunday. My dad is having hip replacement surgery on Monday and won't be able to do much for quite a while. He told me that he asked Heavenly Father to either take him now, or wait a little while longer, and he went the next day. I am crying writing this. I guess it's all part of life. I am so grateful for my grandparents...they each did so much for me and I am sad to not have them here on earth with me anymore. Anywho, enough of my pity party:)
I love this picture of my Grandpa...he looks so healthy and happy. I havn't seen him like this for a long time:( 
This is my Grandma Hirst (my moms' mom). She died in August '08. I love this picture too. Look how happy she is to be with her great-grandchildren:) check out the cheeks on Elwyn, oh wait, she still has those cheeks!!!
So you are probably wondering why I posted a pic of Willow..well i totally don't have a picture of my Grandma Cannon, so this a pic of Willow on Christmas morning 2003, when we flew home for the first time to introduce her to the family. She met my grandparents for the first time that day. This was the first time i had seen any of my family (besides my parents) in almost 2 years.
4 comments:
Do YOU need dinner tonight?? Dunno waht I can come up with, but let me know!!!
I am sorry about your grandpa Liz!
That picture of grandma is making me cry. I miss her a lot. I remember how she and my son used to argue over Utah and BYU.
Take care,
Darcey
So Sorry Liz. First the fish and now this. Those are some serious cheeks on both of your babies.
Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. It's always bittersweet when you know they were glad to go but realize you're still going to miss them.
Post a Comment